Sunday, August 3, 2008

All The Friendship and Encouragement

I was laying in bed last night with a puke inducing headache when I started to ponder my idea of becoming a massage therapist. It was times like that, when my body and mind were in pain, that made me realize just why I was pursuing this career. I didn't want others to suffer like I was. I didn't want people to think popping a pill was the only way to cure pain. I'm lucky, blessed, to have the coworkers I have. They are nothing but encouraging, lapping up the "homework" I do on their back and necks at work. Already I am receiving praise and it means all the world to me. I think I have finally found one, yes ONE, of my niches in this world. Yeah, I think another might be my writing but that I want to save as my own "relaxation."

I love my friends more than I love myself which may not be a very healthy way to do things but I get far more enjoyment out of other peoples happiness. In a strange way, it feeds my own. To make others laugh, really laugh, that is a personal joy I cannot begin to express. If this whole relaxation thing grows into something bigger than a hobby, I will be thrilled beyond measure.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awww! I heart you!