Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Being SUCH An Uber Bitch

These last few days have not been my all-time favorites. First Saturday night my husband went out drinking instead of staying home with me for the only night he was supposed to be home for the next seven days. I wasn't about to tell him NOT to go. He's a big boy, an adult, he can make his own choices and decisions. I just had kind of hoped he would make the decision on his own to stay with me. To not even have to discuss this because he would want to spend an evening with me. One night out drinking out of 365. Really I couldn't deny him that since this is really the only time of year he does this. Hurt that he chose to do it but oh well. Now I am still feeling all fired up about the whole thing when he calls me at work yesterday to inform me he was asked to work Tuesday. The one day we had off together this week where we didn't have to go somewhere, do something. We could just hang. My fuse was lit all over again. I told him point blank that No, I didn't want him to do it but I knew he was going to do it anyway because he needed the money. Sure enough. He took the shift. I was through the roof upset. I had said NO I didn't want him to do it. Is my English bad? Did I miss something in the phrasing of that sentence? Has there been a shift in the English language where a negative word is now perceived as a positive one? Help me out here. So now I am livid. My week is totally shot in the ass at this point. Won't be seeing my husband until Wednesday and then it will only be for about 2 and 1/2 hours. Then I wouldn't see him again until Friday when we take him for his eye surgery. He calls me last night and tells me he got someone to take his night shift on Wednesday so at least I'll have him home with me for ONE damn night. Granted I work Wednesday til 2:30 but at least its something.

No comments: