Monday, August 31, 2009

Okay...yeah...this kinda hurts

So I had my surgery on Friday, the 28th, and it went well. Took some serious tugging and pulling to get the gallbladder and the stone inside of it out. That incision site is a little bruised and the one under my bellybutton is still seeping a bit. I feel much better today than I did on Saturday. I am able to get up and down a lot easier. I won't say I feel 100% because I know that is awhile in coming but I can say I feel markedly better. Am I sorry I had this done? Oh hell no. This pain and discomfort will last for awhile and then be gone. Never to happen again. I couldn't say the same with the gallstone. It was the dread of never knowing when another attack was going to happen that was the worst of all. Coughing is still iffy and sneezing is completely out. I admire those who could go back to work in three days but considering what I do for work? That just isn't possible for me.
On a side note, I want to that Bear and Amalia for having my husband and I to your party on Saturday. I had a great time despite my mild discomfort and the food was great...even if it was a Patriots birthday cake. Love you both!!

No comments: