Thursday, September 4, 2008
Autumn
So I read my friend Amalia's blog on what she is looking forward to this fall and I realized something. Fall is the one season I look forward to most of all. That crisp that is in the air. You know the one. Not so cold you need a jacket but a good heavy sweater or your favorite sweatshirt will do. I love the smell of the leaves as they crunch under my feet when I walk through them. To me, the sunlight is never more pure than it is in the fall. It doesn't herald an horrific heatwave that will melt you. No, fall's sun beckons you outside to play. Rake leaves and jump in the pile. I remember doing that as a kid. Using the leaves to stuff old clothes and make a scarecrow to sit on your front steps. Some might see fall as a season where nature dies away. I see it as a season of nature in all her glory. Flaunting her colors in all their beauty. The vivid reds, oranges and yellows. Have you ever looked across a valley during the fall? My God, how can you not feel at peace when you see such splashes of vibrant colors spread as far as the eye can see. So, Amalia, thank you for your post. You made me reflect on my favorite season, think of all the positive, joyful aspects of it and realize, Life isn't so bad afterall. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're welcome! Glad I could remind you of something wonderful. I think we ought to get together to make leaf piles, what do you think?? C'mon!
Vacation is looming... call me if you need more books!
~Amalia~
Post a Comment