Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Feeling A Bit Lost
I wish I knew what the hell is wrong with me lately. My mood is so blah, nothing inspires me and everything just seems so damn futile. I'm still taking my Lexapro for my depression but for whatever reason...I'm stuck in this funk. A funk that is far too familiar to me from before I went on the medication. I remember being stuck like this for days and weeks on end. How hollow and dispondent I would feel with no real cause. My life is so good right now. I'm married, I have a good job, I'm studying to be a relaxation therapist, I am surrounded by pets that entertain me ceaselessly and yet still, this empty feeling remains. I don't want to go through this and never be able to move past it without the help of a little white pill whose dosage will only have to be increased as I grow accustom to each level. I hate that I have to take ANYTHING to make me feel remotely close to "normal." Why me? Why did this depression ever have to be visited on me? I watch my co-workers go about their lives, able to handle rough times and come out of them without needing the help of modern medicine. Why can't that be me? I could sit here and snivel that its all so "horribly unfair" but God how I despise the melodramatic. It is a feeling I can't begin to describe to someone whose never been in my place. That unbearable heavy feeling. Food doesn't comfort, music doesn't help, and all you can do is sit and wait for this...this funk to pass. Until you have gone through it, you'll never understand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, D. I understand. Big hugs. Know that however long this funk lasts, I will be right here with you. We can huddle somewhere quiet and throw popcorn at those stupid losers who think life is all sunshine and butterflies. Maybe we'll even boo and hiss at them.
Love ya, Chickie. Take care.
Post a Comment