Wednesday, January 28, 2009
My Birthday Wish
So with my husband firmly on board we are setting about getting me pregnant. And believe me, I have a whole damn town and store cheering me on in this endeavor. A coworker of mine, a very sweet girl, struggled for so long to get pregnant only to be told it would never happen. Then, suddenly, when she had lost all hope and given up the dream...she became pregnant purely by accident. Trust me, if this girl could get pregnant, then by God, so can I. I find myself so damn envious of girls who can decide to get pregnant and then BOOM, next month they are. I see women coming in with sonogram pictures they want to make copies of and I have to admit it. A swell of jealousy rips right through me. Why can't this be me? WHEN will it be me? Will it EVER be me? I don't discuss it with my coworkers because we all joke around how my offspring will be this tiny terror with ADHD but sometimes...I want to talk seriously about it. I want to share the struggle with them. To have the encouragement not to lose hope, not to throw in the towel and just say Nevermind. I hate how easy it is for others to get pregnant. How they don't have to struggle for something they really want. Meanwhile I hold my damn breath every month and hope this time it took. I don't cry about it. What good will that do? In high school my friends use to tease me that I always got whatever I wanted. Sure wish that applied now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, Deidre.
Happy birthday.
I wish I could get you pregnant. I so want you to have this baby. I want to hear all the gorey details even though they gross me out. I want to be one of "those people" who are always putting their hands on your stomach without asking. I want to be at the hospital to hear the news of your healthy new baby and slap TJ on the back in congratulations and then sneak into your room to kiss your forehead and cry over your beautiful new little one.
It will happen, Deidre. It has to.
I love you. Happy Birthday. Let's make this year the best year ever.
aw hun, if there is anyone in this entire world that deserves a child it is you. They say good things come to those who wait, lets just hope that this is your case. You know if you ever need someone to talk to Heather and I are always there. In the mean time, I think you and TJ should come out with us Saturday to the movies.
Love ya Deeds and Happy Birthday
Post a Comment