So I have met the mother of a friend of mine and my husband's who is interested in my writing. Now granted, the only writing I have done lately is either on here, Facebook or MySpace. I want to get back into my old writing of stories and what have you. The lady wants the link to my story on FanFiction and I am kind of anxious about having someone read it. Its a silly bit of a story I wrote based on characters in an anime series I am a teeny tiny bit obsessed with. I got a lot of reviews on this FanFiction site (over 300 in all) and people are STILL adding it as one of their favorite stories in this genre and adding me as a favorite author. This has boosted my confidence in my writing but those were people familiar with the genre. To the non-anime watchers out there, it would probably be boring and make no sense. But even as I go back and read over it again, I'm still damn proud of it. I think it is some of my best work and the longest story I have ever written (over 30 chapters). The friend's mom is looking to get some of her own writing published and it sounds like its a done deal for her. If she thinks my writings skills are good enough maybe she could help me get my foot in the door. Part of me says "Go ahead and send her the link, maybe you two met at last for this very reason." But another part of me says "This could be bad. You don't handle criticism well at all and if she says anything bad you'll take it to heart and never write again." However, if you are going to be a writer you have to be ready for people to not like your writing, for critics to tear it apart and for it to just totally fall flat. Basically, you need a good thick skin. Am I ready for this? Should I just say I lost the link? My husband is encouraging me in my writing all the time and his confidence boosts my own. I just have to accept that sometimes, my writing won't always be so well received or accepted.
3 comments:
Why are you even thinking about it? D - DO it. You didn't make your 101 in 1001 list because you're a big fat chicken.
Or did you want to work at Rite Aid forever?
Send her the link or so help me, no more butt slaps for you! EVER.
Then you should post the link here.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2550125/1/Adored
If this doesn't work, let me know! And...be kind! Its based on a Japanese anime!
Post a Comment