Monday, April 5, 2010

Phase One-Almost Complete

So today we got the large portion of the attic sorted and cleaned up. There is A LOT going to the dump or down to the curb. The "Keep" stuff was surprisingly minimal which is fine by me. Tomorrow we will tackle the small side of the attic and then move the keep stuff there so we can start laying down the insulation. FUN! I went back to my post with my 101 in 1,001 days and updated the things I had accomplished. It felt really good to be able to do that. Especially the one about finishing the walk in closet.

We might have gotten more done today but the hubby is fighting either a nasty head cold or a bad case of the allergies. Tylenol Cold didn't work so he took a Benadryl and a Sudaphed and is currently unconscious on the couch. I have an appointment with my shrink at 10 tomorrow morning so we are going to have to get up really early to get the stuff down to the curb before the trashmen go by. Only being allowed one truckload of trash to the dump a day is ridiculous. We'll be forever trying to get rid of the mess in the attic. Maybe if I really REALLY cram the stuff in the back of the truck I will be able to get a majority of it there in one load. This would be so much easier if we could just burn it all but that would probably be a bad idea.

No comments: