Normally I don't have an issue with people playing their video games but when it causes you to miss work and I have to go in on my day off to cover your ass? You bet I have a major issue with it. Fine one day, sick the next? Unless it is some incredible 24 hour flu bug, I don't buy it. Especially when you've already had two days prior off! Suck it up and go in to work! I had plans today that now have to be put on hold until I know for sure if you are going to go in for even a four hour shift or not! This kind of behavior pisses me off. Totally irresponsible.
I go in and cover for person after person but to get a shift covered for me? Impossible. Its times like this that I hate my job even more. So why did I say I would do it? Because I know what its like to be caught in a bind with no coverage. The stress, the What-the-hell-do-we-do-now? moments. Plus, my annual review is coming up and I want all the damn brownie points I can get. Oh and it means I get a short day either Friday or Saturday. This person can't just trade shifts with me either because they are working all the rest of the week already.
I miss us having four management people on the roster. It made things a hell of a lot easier. We are cleared to have a fourth person and yet nothing has been done about it. Instead we have to pray like hell no one gets sick or has an injury that prevents them from working. Somehow, some way I will be rewarded for this act of kindness. Maybe in my next life I won't come back as a garden slug or a piece of dryer lint. I can only hope.
1 comment:
I know we've talked about it and that you've dreamed about it for a long time, D but you really need to find a new job!!! I know it's hard in this economy but I hate seeing you stuck there and being miserable.
We all need to go out again for a night or you need to come up and hang for a little while. Of course, T.J. is welcome too. We can Wii it up or something!! Keep your chin up hun, it's gotta get better eventually!!
Post a Comment