Monday, December 14, 2009
Sassy's Surgery Round 2
So Sassy had to have her tail operated on AGAIN last Tuesday and she goes back today to see how it is healing. She has only chewed on her tail once and I called the vet to get a script for a pain and anxiety med. That seems to have helped her out A LOT. No more interest in her tail, resting more easily and seems to be a lot less anxious about everything in general. Today we will see how the surgery site looks, if things are healing properly and I don't know if they will remove her stitches or not. Considering how things went last time, my guess is going to be not but they good surprise me. My poor dog is on so many pills now. SAM-E, tramadol, an antibiotic not to mention her insulin shots twice a day. But if it keeps her healthy, improves her quality of life and makes her comfortable, then it will be done as often as necessary. I only hope this is the last surgery this poor dog is going to need ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment