Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Biggest Loser

So I have decided to accept a challenge laid down to us at work by another district. This will benefit CMN and ourselves. All we have to do? Lose weight. Not a big issue right? Yeah, for your normal person maybe. I'm a reformed choco-holic with coffee dependancy issues. I can forgo the soda easy enough, just substitute it with water or fruit juice. Easy enough. My problem is snacking. I graze when I'm bored and when there is food just laying around. Stress makes me not eat so maybe the stress of weighing in and knowing sick kids are relying on me will help keep my pork trap shut to food. I know I need to lose a significant amount of weight if you go by the BMI charts. Roughly 60lbs to be exact. But if I lose that much I will look skeletal and that's not what I am going for. I'd like to be back to my weight from high school: 155 to 160lbs. Total weight loss then? 30 to 35lbs. Much more reasonable and definately a more attainable goal. Eating habits are easy to change for me usually but its the whole exercising thing. I really do hate to exercise. At all. Walking is okay but running I cannot do. The boobs make it too painful. We have a Wii Fit Plus now that will give me some help and we have TJ's stationary bike he got last Christmas that I can use through the winter months. I am going to have to force myself to really do any kind of exercise. I know me. I'll slip one time and figure Oh well, its over! and use that as an excuse to pig out once again. I know my doc's office would like me to lose the weight as well so there is another person pulling for me to do this. Fingers crossed, I will lose at least SOME significant amount of weight. Even 10lbs would be awesome and boost my self-esteem and self-confidance that I can do this.

1 comment:

Heather said...

You can do this - and you WILL do this.

For the children, D. For the children.

Well, if not for them, how about for your ass? ;)