Sassy's vet visit didn't go as good as I had hoped. Her tail isn't healing and so we are trying once again to get the site to dry up and form a scab by leaving the tip of the tail unwrapped. Hopefully exposing it to air will aid in the process. She will go back on Thursday for a follow up to see if this has worked and, of course, my husband and I have to work that day so my mom will take her for us. How am I coping? Not well. I put up a good front for everyone at work but inside, I'm on the verge of tears and honestly at my wits end. My anxiety level over this is sky high and I wish I could control it better. I am trying to think positive that this method is going to work, that she will finally heal and this rollercoaster ride is almost over. Sassy seems totally fine, not wagging her tag much when she is laying down because when it hits the couch I think it still hurts. For now she is still on her tramadol, antibiotic and SAM-E. I'm hoping all this working but the animal mommy in me is on full alert. I want to stay positive but since the first surgery didn't work I don't dare to hope this is almost over.
No comments:
Post a Comment